What is the most prominent way to ordain as a monk? Like who's involved, and how to contact the respective person to ordain?

closed as too broad by Crab Bucket, Caleb Paul, Andrei Volkov Sep 2 '14 at 3:12

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • This answer may give you some guidance. – Unrul3r Aug 31 '14 at 13:21
  • Hmm, I was more hoping for an answer which point out the more practical side of it. It is actually a stage too far to what I meant, and it is actually about the requirements more instead of the pragmatic side and that is what I was looking for. – Jordy van Ekelen Aug 31 '14 at 13:31
  • Take a look at the links in the end. They are a bit more pragmatic. If you want more pragmatic than that, I suggest contacting a monastery directly & visiting them. Good luck. – Unrul3r Aug 31 '14 at 15:32
  • Which tradition, which country? If it's for you personally, what sort of level of renunciation are you looking for? (the gamut runs from Shin priests who carry on a mostly regular lay-like life, vs monks in a monastery and inbetween, like in Chinese monastics that also teach and work in hospitals.) – MatthewMartin Aug 31 '14 at 17:31
  • Sorry I think this is too broad really. It would be better targeted at a particular tradition. I'm voting to close this – Crab Bucket Sep 1 '14 at 18:20

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.