- Rational - decisions and thoughts are based on reason rather than on emotion.
- Reason - a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
- Wisdom - ability to use your experience and knowledge in order to make sensible decisions or judgements.
- Experience - practical contact with and observation of facts or events.
- Knowledge - the facts, feelings, or experiences known by a person or group of people
As per above definitions, "rational" thinking is nothing more than stick to "cause and effect"; and if someone says "rationalism can't provide answer to all the phenomena in nature", that's true due to the complexity of nature and limitations of our perceptions. So here come "wisdom": it says usage of our observation of facts (experience) lead us to reach realisation and understanding (to get free from ignorance or avijja).
As per above:
- Is rational thinking wrong thing to do? (or thinking stick to cause and effect)
- Does it help us to enhance our wisdom and free from avijja?
Note: I have expressed with my limited knowledge in English so all are free to edit without distorting main idea. Thanks.