Ven. Members of the Sangha (of Bhikkhus), Ven. fellows, valued Upasaka and Upasika, dear readers and interesed,
This question is intellectual and theoretical, or literary, but also/merely inviting self-reflection; but of course it can also be answered with words of the Buddha in "should-form" (in the later case, exchange "you" with "a serious follower of the Buddha, a person in general, to find peace", how ever you wish and feel obligated or loyal to).
So, about loyalty,
- In regard of what are you able to claim being loyal?
- Whom are you loyal to?
- How far goes your loyalty?
- Where and how does it end?
- What must one be loyal to, to find, to reach the highest aim all Buddha-following seekers are after?
- What are you loyal and/or are you not loyal to, so that you have't found final peace already, or you highest desired goal?
- What is an Arahat loyal to? Has loyality, then, an end (no more required)?
Maybe you try to give a loyal answer.
Much joy and inside in giving a benefical answer, at least for youself.