I want to devote my life to Buddhist way of meditation, I want to know more of Buddha teaching but my main interest is for go day and night actual meditation practices. I accidentally come across Sri S. N. Goyenka Vipassana retreats and attended one 10 day retreat at Dhamma Sota-New Delhi, after that from one year i'm practicing Vipassana meditation 2-4 hours daily at home. Now i'm very clear i want to devote my life for this.Its be very helpful if anyone can guide me into this.
Hope this video, "Ask A Monk: How To Ordain As A Monk" by Yuttadhammo Bhikkhu would help you! And hope you will achieve what you want!
Find a place where they can welcome you, stay a few months, practice. Ordaining is not for lifetime for Buddhists, and you may change your mind after a few days/weeks/months/years, that's quite unpredictable, even though you may feel now you will stay a monk forever. No need to know that in advance.
I can recommend the temple in Chom Tong, they have an international section (you don't have to speak Thai to train there) and do hardcore practice, which sounds like something you want. You can stay there both as a lay person or ordain if you want.
The links on this page may be useful (since it is a Vipassana Tradition in Sri Lanka): Nā Uyana Aranya -- Theeravada Buddhist Forest Monastery
These are two prominent places in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka offers 1 year residence visa easily if you have a recommendation from a monastery.
Mitirigala Nissarana Vanaya
- Teacher- Ven. Udairiyagama Dhammajiva Maha Thero (U Dhammajiva Sayadaw), Excellent knowledge in Dhamma, Pali, Burmese and English, Specialty in Mindfulness and emphasizes the value of mindfulness
- Meditation Technique - Satipatthana meditation, Burmese Mahasi/Panditarama Technique (Vipassana) and Sri Lankan Nanarama Method (Vipassana with Samatha)
- Retreats - 3 days, 7 days, 10 days, 20 days and extensive periods are allowed for serious practitioners and for the meditators who are expecting the ordaination
- Location - Mitirigala,Kirindivela, Sri Lanka
- More Information - nissarana.lk (Official Website)
Sanghopasthana Suva Sevana
Teacher- Ven. Katukurunde Nyanananda Maha Thero (Bhikkhu Nanananda) [A famous book author and a meditation master], Excellent knowledge in Dhamma, Pali and English, Advises not to be in a hurry but to practice Samatha also for aiding Vipassana, Slowly-Mindfully-Carefully. Appreciates dedication for practicing.
Meditation Technique - Both Samatha and Vipassana, Metta Meditation and probably Sri Lankan Nanarama Method (Vipassana with Samatha)
- Retreats - Any time is possible with prior notice. No allocated dates. special consideration for dedicated meditators and dedicated practitioners who are expecting the ordaination.
- Location - Kirillawala Watta, Dammulla, Karandana, Sri Lanka
- More Information - http://www.seeingthroughthenet.net (Official Website)
Additionally there are more meditation centers which are famous in different aspects. NaUyana Aranya in Melsiripura (Burmese Pa-auk system), Kanduboda M.C. (Burmese Mahasi System), Goenka centers in Kandy, Anuradhapura and Kosgama (Burmese Sayagi U Ba Kin system)
protected by Andrei Volkov♦ Jul 10 at 18:54
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?