Being mindful will help you in your day to day activities and to avoid mishaps. Being mindful alone is not the right mindfulness. If you practice right mindfulness much of the complications are avoided.
Mindfulness in a Buddhist meditation perspective is to be mightful of the 4 Satipatthana and Anapana
You should be observing:
- Body posture through sensations
- Sensations arising due to mental states
- Sensations arising due to metal contents
Also see for the importance of sensation in practising:
- Importance of Vedana
- The Importance of Vedana and Sampajanna
- The Great Discourse on the Establishing of Awareness (See introduction: Vedanā in the Practice of Satipaṭṭhāna)
- Discourses on Satipatthana Sutta
You should place special attention to sensations as it is due to sensation that craving arises and in dependent originationdependent origination.
See:With regard to your in ability to move. It is more likely some level of concentration. This slows down your body and moving is not possible. Also may be some level of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prat%C4%ABtyasamutp%C4%81daSloth-torpor (a hindrance) arising.